Family owned and operated, the Brisbois Motor Inn offer travelers a comfortable, enjoyable, and restful stay.
Brisbois Motor Inn is named after the famous fur trader Michael Brisbois, one of the first French Canadian ‘voyageurs’ to settle permanently in Prairie du Chien. This historic town was once the fur trading center for the Midwest. The beaver in our logo represents the primary fur trapped during the Michael Brisbois era (1759-1837).
Brisbois’ son, Bernard, built the Famed Brisbois House in 1837. One of the oldest stone houses in Wisconsin, it is located on the river front near the Villa Louis.
At this request, Brisbois was buried on the bluff overlooking Prairie du Chien so that he ‘could look down in death as he had in looked down in life’ on his intense fur trading rival Joseph Rolette.
Check In time: 3 pm
Check Out time: 11am
Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival time.
All rates are subject to availability.